I am completely devastated today to hear that Dr. Alexandros Petersen was killed in the attack on Kabul this weekend. Alex Petersen was a mentor and friend, who provided support and encouragement of all our work at Central Eurasia Standard and in our professional lives. Alex’s brain never stopped, and his passion for the region was palpable when you spoke with him. The region, and young Eurasian analysts, lost one of their greatest advocates and resources today. He will be truly missed.
- Notes from the Road: Outdoor Adventures in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan
- CES Explainer: Kyrgyzstan’s Manas air base – why it’s closing and what it means
- Western Media & Pop Culture’s Casual Racism Against Eurasian Peoples
- Euromaidan’s Impacts on Central Asian Economies
- Euromaidan protests : How are Central Asia and the Caucasus reacting?